Australian Capital Territory: Standard Auction Conditions
A public auction of residential property must be conducted in accordance with the standard auction conditions prescribed under the regulations.
CIVIL LAW (SALE OF RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY) ACT 2003 - SECT 32 Auction conditions to be available before auction begins
- The auctioneer of residential property at a public auction commits an offence if —
- the auctioneer begins the auction; and (b) a copy of the conditions of the auction have not been displayed at the place of the auction for at least 30 minutes before the auction begins.
- An offence against this section is a strict liability offence.
- In this section: "conditions", of an auction, means—
- the standard auction conditions prescribed under section 31A; and (b) any other conditions (not inconsistent with the standard auction conditions) decided by the seller for the auction.